Tuesday, August 9, 2011

This Is How We Pray

Jayden is very good at reminding Brandon and I to pray. Especially at meals (sometimes its even a few minutes into the meal and he wont continue to eat until we've prayed, lol) and when its time for bed in the evening. There are times when he stops what hes doing and says "Mom, prayer" for absolutely no reason at all. I think its very sweet and cute to see my little man wanting to pray :) He also has a list of people and things he wants to pray for on a daily basis. Very cute.

The other day, Jay and I were sitting at the table about to have lunch and he did his "Mom, prayer". So I folded my hands and started with "Dear Heavenly Father" when Jay said "Mom!". I looked at him and he was looking at my hands. Now, usually I fold my hands so my fingers are intertwined but that day, for some odd reason, I had folded my hands so that my fingers on my right hand were on top of my pointer finger on my left and this obviously had Jay very upset, lol. With a slight scowl, he leaned over, grabbed my hands and fixed them to how I typically fold them, leaned back in his seat, folded his arms, bowed his head and then said "ok, pray".

I seriously laughed for a good 30 seconds or so. I thought that was one of the cutest things Jay has said/done. I think its funny how matter-of-fact he is about how we pray. :) It truly brings a smile to my face, and I wouldnt have it any other way!

1 comment:

  1. He is such a sweet boy and has so much spiritual potential. It would be a shame to hold back going to church with him. He would love it, I'm sure. It's funny how our children often become an example to US! :)

    ReplyDelete