Wednesday, August 31, 2011

If It's Not One Mess ... It's Another!

Mess Number One:
This morning I was woken up by the sounds of of little "clanks" and the sound of various things being tossed around. "What in the world is that?" I thought to myself. Just as I was coming out of my bedroom Jay comes running out of the front room - with bright pink hands and saying "Mess, mommy! Mess!" and pointing into the front room. Sure enough, there WAS a mess ... of all my cake decorating supplies that WERE in my "Cake Caboodle" but were now all over the front room. And to top it all off ... Jay had gotten the bright pink and bright green food coloring out, and dropped dropletts of them onto the only rug we have in the entire house. Forget the tile we have the first floor! Thats too easy to clean up! Our nice rug, along with Jays hands, the bottom of one foot, the front of his pajamas and one cheek bone, were now smeared with either pink, green or the mixture of the two all over the place! :-| 

Mess Number Two:
Shortly after the first mess was finally cleaned up, I was in the kitchen cleaning up the breakfast mess when Jay walked into the kitchen asking me to read him a book. I looked down at him and he is pant-less - again. (I swear, this boy would be naked all day long if I let him! He LOVES to be in nothing but his underwear!) So I'm looking at my little boy, who honestly just looks so sweet, smiling up at me waiting for me to answer him, when I realize he has this ... sheen on his legs and kind of in his hair. "Thhaaaats not right" I think to myself. I leaned down and took a little sniff, and what did he smell like? Oh yes, baby oil! Awesome right? "Jaaaay, what have you been up to?" I asked him. "Nothing mommy" is his reply. "Jayden Lawrence, what have you been doing? Have you been good or naughty?" He looks up to me with those big beautiful brown eyes and says "Naughty mommy, naughty". I grab his hand and he leads me up the stairs to his room where there is a BIG puddle of baby oil almost in the center of the room ... with little foot prints that lead to his bed ... and baby oil all over his sheets. Yeah, that mess took quite a few paper towels to clean up!

Mess Number Three:
I had seriously just come down the stairs from cleaning up mess number two and was walking from the bathroom to the front room when I hear the sound of lightly running water coming from upstairs. The only thing ... I KNEW the bathroom door upstairs was locked. Taking the stairs by two I run up to stairs and turn the corner to find Jay standing, with his undies around his feet, peeing into the tiny, table size grill that is sitting on the floor in the hallway. I yelled "Jayden" and he looks at me, realizing he is caught in the act and runs off into his room! Yet another mess to clean up!

Mess Number Four & Five:
I ask Jay probably 50 times a day if he needs to go potty. Usually the answer is yes, but occasionally the answer is no. And when its no, its followed by 2 more questions of "are you sure?". This series of questions happened again today ... and you would think I would've learned my lesson by now to follow my gut instincts and just taken him to the bathroom, but no, I didn't. :-\ So what happens? Yup, he peed in his undies onto the floor, too preoccupied playing with his toys to remember to go potty in the toilet. So I go and get a few paper towels and the 409 out of the kitchen to clean up the potty mess he just made ... when i hear in the kitchen "squirt squirt" noises. I peek around the corner and find my oh-so-helpful 2 year old boy squirting Windex on the floor. I ask him "Jayden! What do you think you're doing!?" and his reply? "clean mess, mommy" as he continues to clean the floor (which really wasn't messy to begin with) with a paper towel and Windex and a cute little smile on his face. 

If its not one mess, its another!! Needless to say, maybe we should buy stock in paper towels! They come in handy for ALL kinds of messes!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like to me, you need to keep him in your sights AT ALL TIMES! LOL! Sorry, but it's hard not to laugh. If it is any comfort to you at all, I laugh only because I know how it is. Now, multiply all you said times two (Brendan and Isaiah) and then add one or two more in (Jarom) for good measure. THAT's what it's like at my house! Keep up the fight Momma, it does get better.
    ~Jodi
    PS- Making them help me clean up their mess HAS helped slow them down. I don't know if it's because they actually stop and think about stuff before they do it or if it's just that they can't make the next mess if they are by my side helping clean the first mess. Either way, I'LL TAKE IT! (Just be forewarned that they are not actually helpful until they get a little older than Jay is now!)

    ReplyDelete