Thursday, November 10, 2011

No PJ's, just pants, thank you!

Twice this week or so Jay has thrown a fit about going to bed when its time. I give him ample warnings ... "Jay, 30 minutes till bed time!" ... "Jay, 15 minutes till bed time!" .... "Jay, 5 minutes to bed time!" "Jay, one minute and then we're going to bed" ... and after every warning "bed time? ok mommy!" and he goes along doing whatever it was he was doing. But once I get him all changed and hes said goodnight to daddy and the doggy, said prayers and read 2 books and get him all tucked into bed, he starts to throw a fit the minute I close his bedroom door.

These last 2 nights that I'm talking about he has thrown a *huge* fit. The first night I finally went back upstairs to put him back in bed. I found him sitting in his little blue chair - with nothing on except his diaper. And holding a pair of pants and a t-shirt. I asked him what he was doing and he responded "pants on. pleeeease" So instead of fighting with him, I saw no harm in him wearing a pair of warm pants to bed. I got him re-dressed, very sweetly he said "thank you mommy", gave me a kiss and then into bed, and he fell asleep within 2 minutes, go figure, lol.

The 2nd night, he once again threw his fit, but this time it didnt last as long. Now I always check on him before I climb into bed myself. Make sure hes IN his bed for one, lol, and that he has his blankets on him or that hes not half in, half out of his bed, lol. On this particular night, I crack open his door and sure enough hes in bed with his blankets on. Just as I'm shutting the door, I see his PJs ... on the floor ... in the middle of the room. "Oh boy" was the first thought that came to mind and then "Oh please have your diaper on" lol. 


Sure enough he had his diaper on ... and a pair of jeans (which were actually put on correctly, surprisingly) and no shirt. I couldn't believe it. I guess he decided to take matters into his own hands tonight! haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment