Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Bowling and Monsters!

Bowling

The other night we went bowling with our friends Allyson and Dustin. This was Jay's first time bowling so I was pretty excited to see how he would take to it. And oh my goodness, he LOVED it! The lightest ball I could find was 6 or 7 pounds and he still insisted on carrying it on his own. At first we would get the ramp all ready for him and he would place it up on top and then push it as hard as he could. And he loved doing that. Until he saw all of us adults actually throwing it down the lanes and wanted to do to the same. :) He would squat down, put the ball on the floor and then push that ball as hard as he could, and even then it would inch down the lane, taking what seemed forever to get to the end. He seriously loved bowling! It was SO cute! And he did NOT care about how many pins he got down, he just wanted to get the ball down the lane. And he was not content to take turns. Every time someone bowled we had to keep telling him it wasn't his turn. We finally taught him that his turn was after Allyson's ... so after Allyson threw her first ball in each frame, Jay would get so excited and jump up and say "My turn!". it was too cute. We played four games but the middle of the last game he was definitely getting tired and was preferring to sit in the chair and play games on Brandon's iPhone. And here's the kicker ... Jay would beat 3 out of the 4 adults in every game we played! Not even joking! I think I won the first game, beating Jay by 9 points, Dustin won the second game beating Jay by 10 points, and I think Brandon won the last 2 games - but I couldn't tell you by how much because honestly, all of us were just trying to finish the frames by the time the 4th game came along cuz we were all tired and ready to be done! I was so glad that Jay had such a good time! I can't wait to take him again! :)


Monsters Inc.

Jay and I were sitting at the table this morning after eating breakfast and he looked at me and said something I seriously could not understand. I looked at him, and told him I didn't understand. He said it again. I still didn't understand. So he crawled down from his booster seat, walked over to do the DVD stands and starting opening and closing the drawers that hold our DVDs. He opened and closed probably 7 or 8 of them until he found what he was looking for. He pulled the whole drawer out, dumped the DVDs onto the couch and pulled out what he was looking for: the Monsers Inc DVD. He grabbed it, brought it to me and said, what I can only guess now, was "monsters!". "ooh, you want to watch Monsters Inc?" I asked him and all I got from him  was "yes!" while he jumped up and down. :) He is so stinking smart and quite the determined little bugger! But those are a few of my favorite things about him!

No comments:

Post a Comment