Friday, October 7, 2011

Such A Smarty Pants!

Jay is SUCH a smarty! It seriously amazes me how smart our little 2 year old boy is :) For example:

Jay asked me for juice the other day. He already had a sippy cup out from a previous drink a little while ago so I told him to go get it. He came back and told me he couldnt find it and then proceeded to walk into the kitchen. I quickly whipped out my phone and turned on the camera just to catch his next couple moves. Granted, I also had to hold him back while the camera loaded, but I knew this was something I had to catch and share. Just watch for yourself:



Also, the other day we were driving down some of the back roads through the fields near our house. There are more tractors here in Germany then I honestly think I have seen anywhere - and Jay is very good at pointing ALL of them out. So we were driving down the road and I hear "Mommy! Tractor! Tractor!" I reply with "Yes, I see! How awesome!". A few minutes later I hear "Nother tractor mommy! Tractor!" and again I reply with "Ooooh, yeah! Another one!". Few seconds later he points out another one, "Tractor! Tractor!". "Yup! Look at that! You are so good at finding tractors Jay!". And then, all of a sudden I hear "Tree mommy! Tree tractors!" ... Translation: "THREE mommy! THREE tractors!" I was stunned! I whipped my head around and looked at him and said "what did you just say!?" And he replied "Tree!". I couldnt believe it! All our counting of cars and fish and toes and fingers was finally starting to pay off! I was SO happy!


On the counting note, we were watching "The Blind Side" the other night. If you havent seen that movie you should, its AMAZING. I honestly LOVE it! Anyways, theres a part in the movie where Mrs Touhy (Sandra Bullock) askes Big Mike to tell her everything about him. And when he wont, she says "Ok, just tell me one thing Big Mike. Just one thing about yourself". Jay is sitting on the couch, and looks at me and holds up one finger and says "one thing mommy, one thing. One." Again, I was shocked. SO STINKING SMART!


He is definitely gonna be something else when he grows up, that is for sure!

1 comment: